It’s exciting to see the plethora of interior design, home improvement ideas or renovations out there. Yet the number of them can be overwhelming, how do we know what the best ones are? How do I upgrade my house? What are the best home upgrades? It all depends on the goal you have in mind, are you looking to simply spruce things up or are you wanting to add value to your home? When you base changes off of wants versus needs you’ll be able to take into consideration valuable data into your decision making process of undergoing home upgrades.
How to modernize your home:
There are many who are interested in modernizing their home for not only style, but comfort and ease. Be it through exterior fixtures, new appliances or interior renovations the options are seemingly limitless!
- Instant Water Heaters
- Metal Shingle Roofing in Indianapolis, IN
- Exterior Crown Molding & Pediment
- Stone Columns
- Constructing a Walkway
- Add Trims, Brackets, Frieze Boards & Arches
- Entrance Lighting
What home improvements add the most value?
It’s important to take into hand that a good formula to consider is cost, resale value and recoup. Below you will find the average recoup or return on your investment for house upgrades.
Here are the best home improvements based on return percentage:
- Minor Bathroom Remodel, average return of 102%
- Landscape, average return of 100%
- Minor Kitchen Remodel, average return of 98.5%
- Garage Door Replacement, average return of 98.3%
- Manufactured Stone Veneer, average return of 97.1%
- Exterior Improvements (Vinyl Sliding, Paint, Updated front entry,) average return of 95.5 %
- Attic Bedroom Conversion, average return of 93.3%
- Major Bathroom Remodel, average return of 93.2%
How can I upgrade my kitchen cheaply?
If you just want to add some spice without shelling out the big bucks, improving your kitchen can add a lot to value while not breaking the bank. With simple improvements, you can upgrade the look of your kitchen so it looks more trendy and refreshed!
- Paint Job (accent wall or cabinets): adding a pop of color can accentuate or draw focus to a certain area of the kitchen, or if you prefer an overall color scheme you can create a new sense of theme and mood to your kitchen.
- New handles and pulls: adding new handles or pulls can add to the style of the kitchen while adding functional modernity.
- Replacing or removing cabinet doors: changing the door to your cabinets can open of or reflect the space with glass or frosted options. If you would like to display your wares, removing doors will allow for open shelving which can be very aesthetically pleasing.
- Upgrading Lighting: there are many light fixtures such as chandeliers or pendant lights that can make your space retro or elegant. Color options can affect the mood and ambiance of your space and many can now be controlled to dim or change according to your preference.
- Window Hangings: an easily functional hanging can ease the lighting of the windows into the room if it’s too harsh or add a nice framing to the feel of the room.
- Backsplash (paint, tiles or other:) the background walls of your kitchen is great for an update damage usually doesn’t occur here and the square footage is smaller!
- Replacing Countertops: Changing your countertop can advance the look and greatly change the theme and feel of your kitchen. There are many options out there from marble, laminate, wood and more!
Digital home upgrades:
Technology has improved in the past few decades and with it efficiency in home operation and monitoring. These digital home upgrades not only benefit the environment with energy savings, they make accessibility instant and easier than its predecessors of the past!
- Video doorbell: see who’s at your door and communicate with them, save video footage, even get alerted on your smartphone!
- Smart thermostat: they save on energy and have easier remote adjustments of temperatures and time
- Smart smoke detectors & carbon monoxide detector: your smartphone will get an alert when you need more batteries or when smoke or gas is detected
- Smart door locks: auto-locks and unlocks and create electronic keys
- Smart speakers: WiFi enabled and can communicate with your smartphone, have the ambiance of music in your home or tie in all smart devices to be controlled here!
- Smart LED bulb: dim the light and turn them on or of with a remote, they come in low wattage and can last you over a decade!
There are a variety of ways to upgrade your house that can improve the longevity of your home’s productivity as well amp up the design and overall aesthetic for the better!
For the best in commercial roofing in the Indianapolis, IN area contact JAGG Premium Roof Systems by calling (317) 348-0180! Has got you covered with affordable and effective service that will improve your business without disruption.